Wednesday 21 May 2014

Narendra Modi Speech at Central Hall Translated in English


Shri Nrendra Bhai Modi's, gave a emotional extempore in the central hall on being nominated the PM from BJP by Shri Lalkrishna Advani. Posting below the english translation of the speech for all of you to go through and understand what Mr. Modi brings to the table and how he is different from so many others in the system.




Respected Mr. Advani, our (BJP) National head Mr. Rajnath Singh, newly elected members and Chief Ministers of BJP ruled states, I am thankful to all of you for selecting me unanimously for a new responsibility; I am greatful and thankful specifically of Mr Advani and Mr. Rajnath Singh for trusting me and giving me thier blessings. I was thinking of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee's health, if his health would have permitted, he would have been with us today and graced the occasion, but I know his blessing are with us today and for future.
This is the temple of democracy, we will work with complete purity here, we are not here for any post but we are here for the people of this country who have elected us. Responsibility towards work is the biggest thing and I accept the resposibility that all of you are giving me. According to me post is not important but responsibility is the most important thing in life.

We will have to dedicate ourselves to fulfill this responsibility. In last September 13, 2013, the BJP parliamentary board gave a responsibility to me and from September 15, I started my work and with full sense of responsibility of a worker. The parishram yagya (hard-work), which I began at on 13th September, 2013 and ended on the 10th of May, 2014; I reported back to our Party president (although he asked me to take rest), before heading back to Ahmedabad and told him that the first responsibility has been completed and I have tried to fulfill the responsibility to the best of my capability. During the campaign only one  gathering was cancelled that to because because our district president of Ghosi passed away all of a sudden. I told him that I have worked as a loyal and committed soldier, This land is sacred for me and I have tried to fulfill the role of a party worker.
I saw Chief Minister's cabin for the first time when I became the chief minister, today it is the same situation again and I have come to the Centeral Hall for the first time.
I salute all freedom fighters and also salute makers of the Constitution of our country as because of them, the world is witnessing the power of democracy. Since we have won I have been getting calls from global leaders and when I tell them about 550 Million voters they are surprised so many voters!

It is the power of our constitution that a person with a poor background is standing here today; this shows the power of our constitution and the democratic election process that any common citizen can reach this height. BJP victory and other party's loss can be debated later, but citizens have realized the power of democratic setup in fulfilling their aspirations.

A government is one which listens and thinks about the poor; it also exists for the poor at the same time. Thus the new government is dedicated to the poor, all the young people, mothers and daughters who are toiling hard for their respect and honour. All villagers, farmers, dalits and oppressed people, should know that this government is for them, their aspirations and desires are our responsibility.

I have seen India from a different angle during the campaign, I saw people only one cloth on their body but still they had a BJP Flag, these are the people who look up to us with hope of fulfilling their dreams, thus it is our responsibility to fulfill their dreams.

Mr. Advani (with respect) has used a word in his speech, I request him never to use that word, he said that "Narendra Bhai ne hampe Kripa ki hai" , (Narendra Bhai has shown graciousness)
... Pauses with a emotional outburst and sinks his face under the mikes, recollects himself and calls for water...

Please don't use this word, can a son ever do Kripa on his mother? Like India is my mother, BJP is also my mother (very emotional tone), a son can never do kripa, but can only serve his mother with full devotion and dedication. I would say it (BJP) has done me a favour by providing me with an opportunity to serve it.

Governments in the past have tried to do some good work in their own way and they should be appreciated for the same. We will carry forward what ever good has happened. People have voted for a hope, they should not be pessimistic. All the TV channels have been analysing the verdict in different ways, this verdict is of a hope.
I had said earlier that this is a election of hope, and by giving full majority to BJP people have now coupled this hope with trust. People have voted with hope and faith, I will make sure that everything is done to fulfill their expectations. Pessimism should have no room now, as it results in work getting stuck, nothing can be achieved with it. The moto of our government will be to be develop and support everyone. Time has come for new hope and strength.

I will meet all the MPs again in 2019 with a report card of my performance again, my government will not be for myself but it would be for the country, it is a for the poor and we would do something for them. I will try my best to fulfill the responsibility that has be given to me, you will never have to look down on the work I will do.

I was not fortunate to get an opportunity to die for the country, but surely every citizen born in independent India should dedicate him/herself for the country, every speck of our lives should be dedicated to the 125 crore people of this country, if we do so country will progress at a rapid rate,
It is in my DNA that I am an optimist by nature, disappointment never gels with me, I repeat what I said in one college lecture that a lot of people say (showing a half filled water glass), that some say this glass is half full, some say it is half empty; my thinking is of the third type, I say it completely filled half with water and other half with air. It is very important to be an optimist, as only an optimist can bring and fill people with hope, adverse conditions are a part and parcel of life, but being pessimistic can never help.

In 2001 when earthquake struck Gujarat, we were all stricken by death and there was destruction everywhere. Everyone the world over thought it was all over. But in no time, Gujarat once again stood up on its feet. We will have to leave pessimism behind. Who says that such an aware democratic country — the largest in the world cannot move forward? If 125 crore Indians resolve to take one step forward, the entire country will travel 125 crore steps forward.
Which is the other country in the world which has six seasons? This land of ours is blessed, our land is fertile, full of natural resources. People from our country go abroad and earn name and fame, we only have to give opportunity to them here.
In this election, we stressed on two things — sabka saath, sabka vikas. We want everyone’s progress and development but it is as important that we take everybody along with us. This election symbolised new hope, I have such able colleagues with me and with guidance from my senior leaders, I have full faith that the responsibility which was given to me on September 13, 2013 and which was completed on May 16, 2014 and with the new responsibility given to me today, I assure you that when we meet in 2019, I will place before you my report card. I will try and achieve the pinnacle of perseverance and hard work.
The coming year 2015-16 is important to us all, it will be Pandit Deendayal Updhyaya's centenary year, chairaveti, chairevetimantra was given by him and this led to establishing a system of sacrifice and hard work. We have to think about how to fulfill his dreams and work and strive to fulfill them. Party and the government should also think about this as to how to celebrate this coming event. Antyodaya, the service of the downtrodden, that is what Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya had stressed. That is why I say that this government is for the poor and deprived. In global perspective also, this election of India and its results are being viewed in a very constructive and positive manner. And the first message that goes out to the world is that it is not important that millions of people have made some party victorious or made someone a prime minister. But it is important that millions have given a good mandate and have held India's position high in the world that is the message of these elections. Who won and who lost is not important. These are the results which will attract the world to India and to its democratic traditions, and capabilities. Hope has been kindled in a common citizen of India and the same hope has arisen in humanitarian forces in the world. This is a very good sign.
Once again I express my gratitude to millions of workers who have toiled hard for this victory. Modi which is before you and which you can see is because Modi is hoisted by senior leaders of my party on their shoulders. Whatever we have achieved today, is because of sacrifices made by past five generations. Jan Sangh was not known to the people, some thought it is a social, cultural organisation. Today, I salute all those generations who made sacrifices for nationalist causes. We should not forget that we are here today because of sacrifices made by the past generations. This victory is of millions of our workers. If we think like this, there will not be any opportunity for our society and party to have any complaints. BJP is the party which relies on its strong organisation, that is our strength and none of us is either away or above the organisation.
All of you have given me a new responsibility, Mr. Advani has given me his blessings. You have shown faith in me and I assure that I will not let you down on any occasion and will always give my best. Thank you all once again..





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tag Cloud

BJP 2014 Narendra Modi Elections2014 What Next Politics Cabinet2014 Parliament news Congress Election Results Social Media Cartoons Swearing In Funny India AAP Arvind Kejriwal Lok Sabha Media PrimeMinister Emotional Foreign Affairs NDA Sushma Swaraj Arun Jaitley Delhi Court Order Indian Railways Left Front Vidhan Sabha Analysis Atal Bihari Vajpayee Bihar FinanceMinistry Lalu Prasad Yadav Live Rail Budget Ravi Shankar Prasad UPA Uttar Pradesh budget rahul gandhi 2015 2016 Afghanistan Black Money Ceremony Diplomacy Economy External Affairs Fiji Gowda Hindi Ideas Indo-Pak Talks Nawaz Sharif Nitish Kumar Smriti Irani Statesman Taxation budget2014 elections mea pakistan president sonia gandhi state elections AirIndia Akhilesh Yadav Attack Bangladesh Bhutan Border Business Chavan Competetion Currency Notes Defence Demonitisation Demonitization Earthquake Evacuation Goa God Gopinath Munde Government Governors HRD Ministry Haryana HomeMinistry Hooda HumnaLife IAF INS Mumbai INdianArmy Indian Navy Innovation JDU Judges Judicial Karunanidhi Kerela Learning Maharashtra Maharshtra Mahatma Gandhi MakeInIndia Manish Tewari Manmohan Singh Mulayam Singh Navy Nepal Operation Rahat PMO Power Prashant Bhushan Presidents House Priyanka Gandi RBI RJD Rahat Railways Minister Rajapaksa Rajasthan Rajya Sabha ReaderBased Rekha Reserve Bank of India Rift SIT Sachin Safety Samajvadi Party Security Serious SriLanks Sumitra Mahajan Terrorism Tripura Uma Bharti VK Singh Values WestBengal Yemen Yogendra Yadav Young Indians by-elections corporate taxes courtcase election commission heart of aisa new trains pranab mukherjee sartaaj aziz speaker subramaniam swamy

Popular Posts